Ever wondered what happened after Hansel and Gretel grew up? Apparently, after the gingerbread house “incident”, they’re now vengeful bounty hunters out to exterminate witches!
Whatever works. But that’s the concept of the upcoming “Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters”, starring Jeremy Renner (“Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol”) and Gemma Arterton (“Quantum of Solace”).
EW has got the first picture from the film, and had a quick chat with Arterton about the flick.
On the comedic elements to the film:
“But it’s also very, very dark, and bloodthirsty and there’s a lot of cursing. It’s kind of got a [Quentin] Tarantino feel, really.”
On their interpretations of the characters:
“Gretel is much more in tune with her spiritual side. Hansel is a typical action hero, cheeky, funny, a womanizer. She’s much more of a thinker, intense, internal and bit more open-minded than he is.”
And on the flashback sequence to that fateful day where they outsmarted the witch:
“The candy house, and the witches are really repulsive and quite frightening. The makeup is out of this world. It’s this bone-chilling scene. Very dark. The girl who plays my character is brilliant, with the horrified expression she has.”
You excited? “Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters” is directed by Norwegian filmmaker Tommy Wirkola, and hits cinemas in March.
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013