We’re not quite sure what’s really going on here, but it’s looking like Benicio del Toro will NOT be playing Khan in the upcoming “Star Trek” sequel – if he’s even in it at all.
The speculation he’d been cast as the villain has been around for awhile (nothing confirmed), and then Latino Review claimed he would play Khan Noonien Singh in the 2013 sequel.
Ricardo Montalban played Khan in back in 1982’s “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan”, and the reaction to the claims del Toro would play him was instantly mixed. Some thought it’d be pointless to make a 2013 movie with Khan as the villain because it would simply be a remake of the earlier film and a waste of an opportunity to do something different, other thought it would be a great idea considering he was a good, fun character.
Then, Hitfix says they got in touch with the director J.J Abrams, and he said:
There’s obviously a lot of stuff actors or directors say when they want to act coy about their movies, or try to deliberately mislead people so they can make the grand announcement themselves, but this sounds like a flat-out denial to me.
So Trekkies- make up your own mind! Do you think Abrams should cast him as Khan? What villain would you like to see Benicio del Toro play?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013