Another “Transformers” film could be heading into development very soon, with reports Michael Bay is getting close to signing on the dotted line to come back to direct a fourth.
Vulture says the negotiations with Paramount are almost done , with Bay just asking for one thing – that the studio make his other movie, “Pain and Gain”, first.
As we told you yesterday, “Pain and Gain” is based on a true New York Times story about the “Sun Gym gang”, who kidnapped, tortured and almost killed a Florida businessman, who survived and hired a private detective to track them down.
Michael Bay has been keen to make the film since the story was first published back in 1999, and is urging Paramount to come on board – and in return, we get “Transformers 4″.
There’s also talk the four-quel will NOT be a prequel, but continuing the plot from this year’s “Dark of the Moon”.
If everything goes according to plan and there’s ink on the contract, “Pain and Gain” would immediately go into production, with “Transformers” too follow in the middle of 2012.
Are you keen for Michael Bay to return for another round?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013