Filmmaker and actor Kent Moran (“Listen to Your Heart”) is believed to have near snagged the services of a ‘Kingpin’ for his new boxing flick, “The Challenger”.
Towering Michael Clarke Duncan (“Daredevil”, “Green Lantern”, “Talladega Nights”) is in talks for the film, the story of a boxer (Moran), hailing from the Bronx, who recognizes that the only way he’s going to escape the harsh life he’s been summoned – his mother, for one, is about to lose her home – is to begin fighting again.
“Challenger” would see Duncan return to the world of film fighting; he previously gave his knuckles a workout in “Street Fighter : The Legend of Chun-Li” and “The Scorpion King”.
Ernie Sabella, best known as ‘Pumbaa’ from “The Lion King” (and it’s sequels and spin-offs), is already set.
The project, based on an original script by Moran, will begin lensing in New York City in February.
Duncan is currently in pre-production on “Criminal Empire for Dummy’s”, the new Cliff Dorman crime caper starring Gary Oldman.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013