We can make as much fun of these movies as we like, we all know at the end of the day it could’ve paid our mortgages three-times over by the conclusion of their opening weekends. Still, it is just a wee bit of fun taking the Mickey out of these all-star (“Days work? For HOW much!?”) movies, like “Valentine’s Day” and the newly-released “New Years Eve”, isn’t it!?
Essentially plot-less, and with no great characters arcs to speak of, the films – both “Valentines Day” and “New Years Eve” were directed by “Happy Days” vet Garry Marshall – are the cinematic equivalent of a bottle of lemonade left on a car dash – appealing hot fizz.
“Saturday Night Live” had a bit of fun with the ‘genre’ this weekend, releasing their own starry get-together movie, “The Apocalypse”. The film features the likes of Ashton Kutcher, Alan Alda (of course, he’s Bill Hader’s speciality!), Christina Aguilera, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Kirsten Dunst and ‘that kid from Modern Family’. You gotta love the Penny Marshall appearance, too!
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.