We can make as much fun of these movies as we like, we all know at the end of the day it could’ve paid our mortgages three-times over by the conclusion of their opening weekends. Still, it is just a wee bit of fun taking the Mickey out of these all-star (“Days work? For HOW much!?”) movies, like “Valentine’s Day” and the newly-released “New Years Eve”, isn’t it!?
Essentially plot-less, and with no great characters arcs to speak of, the films – both “Valentines Day” and “New Years Eve” were directed by “Happy Days” vet Garry Marshall – are the cinematic equivalent of a bottle of lemonade left on a car dash – appealing hot fizz.
“Saturday Night Live” had a bit of fun with the ‘genre’ this weekend, releasing their own starry get-together movie, “The Apocalypse”. The film features the likes of Ashton Kutcher, Alan Alda (of course, he’s Bill Hader’s speciality!), Christina Aguilera, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Kirsten Dunst and ‘that kid from Modern Family’. You gotta love the Penny Marshall appearance, too!
- Superbowl Spot : Insurgent - January 31, 2015
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.