This is really disappointing: “Paradise Lost”, the epic film based on the John Milton poem, to be directed by Alex Proyas and starring Bradley Cooper has been put on hold.
Deadline says it’s because the budget’s blown out well over the $120 million designated, which means Legendary Pictures and the film’s producers will have to re-work the costs.
The film was due to go into production in January, with filming in Sydney, Australia – so it’s quite a shock to have it postponed right before it was meant to actually start.
And let’s hope it is postponed and not cancelled, and that the people in high places can figure out a way to get the costs down, so it actually gets made!
It will be a pretty big blow for the NSW Government in Australia too, they’ve already got one high-profile film shooting right now (“The Great Gatsby”), and this was meant to generate $88 million and create a stack of jobs.
And I was looking forward to seeing Bradley Cooper play Lucifer, with Benjamin Walker as the archangel Michael. What about you?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013