“Human Centipede 2″ WILL come back to Aussie screens after all – it’s been resubmitted and is now classified R 18+.
The Tom Six directed sequel was banned after being judged too disgusting for viewers.
Monster Pictures says they’ve modified it by 30 seconds – so all the really gory stuff’s been taken out – but reckons it doesn’t damage the integrity of the film.
Here’s from the media release:
“We would like to take this opportunity to applaud the Director of the Classification Board for this decision and to express how pleased we are that the film is being judged on the merit of its content rather than the hype surrounding the film.”
But neither Monster or the cinema showing it (Melbourne’s Cinema Nova from Boxing Day) are happy with the Classification office for banning it in the first place.
Here’s what the General Manager at Cinema Nova, Kristian Connolly, had to say:
“The Australian classification system, one of the few of its type in the world, has served cinema-goers well for decades. Flip-flops such as this border on satire, recalling the shrieks of Helen Lovejoy on “The Simpsons”; “Won’t somebody please think of the children?!” Guess what? They did and that’s why it was rated R18+ in the first place.”
Ouch. Are you going to see “Human Centipede 2″?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013