Roadshow has released the trailer for “Any Questions for Ben?” a new Australian comedy starring Josh Lawson (“House of Lies”), Rachael Taylor (“Red Dog”), Christian Clark (“Home & Away”), Daniel Henshall (“Snowtown”), Felicity Ward (“The Ronnie Johns Half Hour”), old mate Lachy Hulme (“The Killer Elite”), funnyman Ed Kavalee and, markedly, the warm, familiar lights and lofty, worn architecture of Melbourne. Behind the Pyle Watts Professional Bullhorn is Rob Sitch, of “The Castle” and “The Dish” fame.
Saw the film a few weeks back, and while I can’t comment on it yet (embargoed until release, sorry!), I will say that it’s terrific to see such a stout hub of talented local actors finding a vehicle to showcase each of their respective talents collectively. “Any Questions for Ben?” is released same week as Michael Fassbender starrer “Shame”- I can tell you one of these won’t lead to a six-month prescription of Monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
Here’s the trailer for “Ben?” :
- Superbowl Spot : Insurgent - January 31, 2015
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.