Here’s the first look at Ben Affleck in the upcoming film “Argo”, a CIA drama based on a true story from the 1979 Iran hostage crisis.
Does it make you want to see it based on that picture? I’m not so sure, but the movie itself is intriguing enough to keep me interested!
Here’s a bit more about the film:
Back in 1979, more than 50 Americans were held hostage in the US embassy in Tehran, after Islamist students took it over. Six of the hostages manage to escape to the house of a Canadian diplomat, and then the US government uses the guise of a fake sci-fi movie titled “Argo” to get them back to America, claiming they’re “cameramen” scouting the area to shoot the movie.
It’s got a very impressive cast – Alan Arkin, John Goodman, Clea DuVall, Bryan Cranston, Kyle Chandler, with Affleck playing extraction specialist Tony Mendez. Ben Affleck is also signed on to direct, and also produce with George Clooney and Grant Heslov.
What do you think – will this be one to watch in 2012? It’s slated for release in September.
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013