By Drew Turney
2003’s ”Johnny English” was very funny, trading on the amusement to be plumbed from a dolt like Rowan Atkinson as a super sleuth British Agent.
We meet Johnny after he’s been drummed out of the agency following an assassination he let happen in Africa. He’s ensconced in Tibet, training with Shaolin masters when MI7 calls him back to foil a plot to assassinate the Chinese premier.
The schtick is a retread of the original film, nobody ever questioning English’s powers as a secret agent when he misses every clue and bumbles around letting the bad guys get away while the long suffering underling they assign him does the real work.
There aren’t as many laughs this time, certainly no big belly laughs. The chair sequence is the funniest in the film but it’s all too brief, everything else a little too expected. And your eyes aren’t deceiving you – the head of MI7 is indeed Gillian Anderson, who played Agent Scully in ”The X Files”.
- Diablo Cody on Barbie writing duties - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Self/Less - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Little Boy - March 4, 2015
- Trailer : Big Game - March 4, 2015
- Redmayne, Vikander in The Danish Girl out November 27 - March 4, 2015
- Trailer : Avengers : Age of Ultron - March 4, 2015
- Scott, Collette set for Dougherty’s Krampus - March 4, 2015
- New directing assignments for Bryan Singer, Joseph Kosinski - March 4, 2015
- David Denman shoots for 13 Hours - March 4, 2015
- Usher for Independence Day 2, Sullivan for new Europacorp actioner - March 4, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.