The project, written by Matt Witten and based on his stage play of the same name, begins production tomorrow in Los Angeles.
Matt O’Leary (“Mother’s Day”, “Live Free or Die Hard”) and Eloise Mumford (TV’s “Lone Star”) play Sue and Jack, American pilots living and work in Nevada, who function as the long-distance pilots of an unmanned Air Force drone, flying over Afghan airspace, thousands of miles away. When they are ordered to use the drone to take out “major terrorist” Mahmoud Kahlil during his birthday party, a high-tech assassination that will also kill a dozen party guests, including women and children, Sue and Jack quarrel furiously about the ethics of their mission.
Interestingly enough, this whole ‘drones’ topic is what Tony Scott is currently researching as a possible plot device for his “Top Gun” sequel – being that this is how pilots operate now.
Director/Producer Rosenthal also directed “Halloween Resurrection”, “Just a Little Harmless Sex” and over a dozen episodes of TV’s “Smallville”.
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
- Beetlejuice 2 is really happening, says Winona Ryder - January 27, 2015
- Knock Knock who’s there? Lionsgate with 3 million bucks! - January 27, 2015
- Gobots go to the big screen!? - January 27, 2015
- Arnold vs Arnold Genisys details! - January 27, 2015
- Yep, this is the Fantastic Four costume - January 27, 2015
- NBC going with Monica Potter series - January 27, 2015
- That’s no Moon, it’s a New Moon! - January 27, 2015
- ABC commissions Chevy Chase, Beverly D’Angelo show - January 27, 2015
- Edgar Wright’s next comes complete with a Twist - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.