The project, written by Matt Witten and based on his stage play of the same name, begins production tomorrow in Los Angeles.
Matt O’Leary (“Mother’s Day”, “Live Free or Die Hard”) and Eloise Mumford (TV’s “Lone Star”) play Sue and Jack, American pilots living and work in Nevada, who function as the long-distance pilots of an unmanned Air Force drone, flying over Afghan airspace, thousands of miles away. When they are ordered to use the drone to take out “major terrorist” Mahmoud Kahlil during his birthday party, a high-tech assassination that will also kill a dozen party guests, including women and children, Sue and Jack quarrel furiously about the ethics of their mission.
Interestingly enough, this whole ‘drones’ topic is what Tony Scott is currently researching as a possible plot device for his “Top Gun” sequel – being that this is how pilots operate now.
Director/Producer Rosenthal also directed “Halloween Resurrection”, “Just a Little Harmless Sex” and over a dozen episodes of TV’s “Smallville”.
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
- The Smurfs to return March 31, 2017 - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.