Joel Edgerton is set, and Edgar Ramirez, Jessica Chastain and Mark Strong are circling Kathryn Bigelow’s Kill Bin Laden movie.
Deadline says the prospect of Chastian starring means she mightn’t be available for Tom Cruise starrer “Oblivion” any more. Ramirez was rumoured to be taking on the role of the main bad guy in the “Star Trek” sequel but yesterday’s announcement that Benedict Cumberbatch had signed onto play that role would indicate that the “Carlos” actor has opted instead for something a little Oscar worthy.
The outlet reports :
The drama portrays Navy SEAL Team 6′s long hunt for the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks. Osama Bin Laden was finally killed in a covert mission last year. Reports today assert that the Pentagon will investigate charges made by Rep Peter King that Oscar-winning The Hurt Locker tandem Bigelow and Boal somehow got inside information about the mission from the Obama Administration in preparing the script. This saber rattling hasn’t affected the film’s progress: the script is now finished and the film is going forward. Sony Pictures has dated the film for release on December 19, deliberately steering clear of the Presidential Elections.
Chris Pratt (“Moneyball”) and Jason Clarke (“Brotherhood”) are also onboard.
Looking forward to seeing the movie.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013