In an interesting move, albeit one that might pay off, Paramount has pushed “Hansel & Gretel : Witch Hunters” from March 2012 to January 2013. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the thinking behind the movie is that the studio can then cash in on star Jeremy Renner to a greater degree – being that he’ll have been seen in “The Avengers” and “The Bourne Legacy”.
Numerous other factors contributed to the push too; the 3D materials for the film are only now just coming in, and Paramount want to time to market that aspect around the globe; also, Paramount is making enough loot from films like “The Devil Inside” (the micro-budget horror film that’s given the studio it’s biggest early January opening ever) to see them through 2012. By saving “Hansel” until early 2013, their prospective hits are spaced apart a little more. Continuous cash-flow, if you will.
You can read my script review of “Hansel & Gretel : Witch Hunters” here.
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
- Vinnie Chase does Star Wars! - April 17, 2015
- Trailer : Star Wars : The Force Awakens - April 17, 2015
- Trailer : Joe Dirt 2 : Beautiful Loser - April 16, 2015
- What does Charlie Cox think of Affleck’s Daredevil? - April 16, 2015
- Force Awakens character list, Celebration feed - April 16, 2015
- Dragons TV series trailer - April 14, 2015
- Newsroom staffer joins X-Men - April 14, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.