Determined to retain his honest, everyman nature, Aussie actor Sam Worthington has admitted to contributing to the suckiness of 2010’s “Clash of the Titans”.
The film, widely panned across the board, was criticized for not only it’s terrible 3D conversion but it’s script, direction and acting.
Worthington, speaking to us this weekend for “Man on a Ledge”, thinks it a fair jab.
“I didn’t have a very good time personally on that, I wasn’t happy with what I did on that movie”, Worthington says of his role as in the Louis Letterier directed film. “I let the audience down a bit by not delivering a character. I was a fucking generic, bland, action dude. I was like a Barbie doll. And I didn’t like myself for doing that. I dropped the ball.”
Worthington says he accepted a voice-over gig doing a “Tour of Duty” video game afterwards just to hide and scream for a while.
“…just being in that room and yelling, doing whatever I wanted freed me up. So by the time I got to do Man on a Ledge, I though ‘why can’t I keep that freedom? It’s the freedom I had when I first started out’. Every now and then your insecurities in this industry stop blocking you and that’s when your performances get watered down. So I kept just trying to free it up a bit more so I’m always pushing myself otherwise you let your audience down.”
The actor thinks audiences will enjoy “Wrath of the Titans” a lot better, he personally thinks it’s an “awesome” movie.
“In Wrath I wanted create a unique character that a kid can go, ‘I like this guy. I want to go on a journey with that character.’ And [director Jonathan Liebesman] cracked it”.
- The Hobbit : Battle of the Five Armies - December 17, 2014
- To Be Takei - December 11, 2014
- ‘Exodus : Gods and Kings’ Review : Epic! - December 9, 2014
- Exodus : Gods and Kings - December 9, 2014
- ‘Life Partners’ Review : Cute mix of laughs and tears - December 5, 2014
- Wild - December 3, 2014
- ‘Wild’ Review : Spectacular, Beautiful - December 2, 2014
- Matthew McConaughey – Interstellar - December 1, 2014
- Jennifer Aniston – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 1, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jennifer Aniston - December 1, 2014