A few days ago it was reported that “Bridesmaids” scene-stealer Melissa McCarthy might end up starring in Universal’s planned sequel now that star Kristen Wiig has decided she wants nothing to do with it. In fact, it was suggested that the former “Gilmore Girls” actress is vying for the role. But that’s news to McCarthy, who tells The Hollywood Reporter that she won’t be doing any sequel without her original co-star.
“This is not true at all. That was a comment that someone made without having the authority to make it. It was just an idea – and it got out there before any decisions have been made.”
“I can tell you unequivocally that that is not true.”
What is true is reports suggesting McCarthy’s upcoming movie “Tammy”, a raunchy new film set up at New Line, will be helmed by Beth McCarthy (no relation).
The project centers on a woman who is laid off from her job at Hardee’s, discovers her husband is having an affair, and decides to go on a road trip with her alcoholic, foul-mouthed, diabetic grandmother. The script is based on a character created by McCarthy.
McCarthy next appears in the “Knocked Up” spin-off, “This is Forty”.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013