“Bridesmaids” – one of 2011’s best comedies, in my opinion – is not likely to see a sequel any time soon, according to Deadline.com
The film’s producer Judd Apatow believes that the timing just isn’t right for a sequel, especially as promotion is still happening for the original “Bridesmaids” film.
“When the fog clears, we’ll see if there is an idea worth doing,” he said, “People like to send up projects without thought.”
With co-writer and co-star Kristen Wiig saying she isn’t interested in a sequel, and fellow co-star Melissa McCarthy also adamant that she wouldn’t be involved in a sequel without Wiig, it seems unlikely that we’ll see more from the “Bridesmaids” team any time soon.
Apatow also added that making sequels isn’t always just about financial motivation – “that usually leads to “Jaws 3D.”
Though he is usually known for his decidedly male-oriented comedies – such as “The 40-Year Old Virgin” and “Superbad” – Apatow praised the fairer sex in their comedic pursuits, saying that this is a “golden era for talented women in comedy”.
During his acceptance speech for “Bidesmaids’” best comedy win at the Critics Choice Movie Awards, Apatow threw a cheeky “fuck you” to Jerry Lewis, who once said that seeing women tell jokes “sets me back a bit”.
“Jerry Lewis once said that he didn’t think women were funny. So I’d just like to say, with all respect, fuck you.” Apatow said.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013