“Glee” star Aaron Tveit is the latest actor to join the cast of Universal/Working Title’s big screen adaptation of classic musical “Les Miserables”, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Also known for his work opposite James Franco in “Howl” and in Broadway’s “Next to Normal”, Tveit has signed on to play Enjolras, who leads a student rebellion on the streets of Paris and orders the execution of Inspector Javert.
Oscar-winning director Tom Hooper (“The Kings Speech”) will chair the film, with Hugh Jackman to star as convicted bread thief Jean Valjean and Russell Crowe as his enemy Javert.
Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with Cameron Mackintosh and Debra Hayward.
The musical’s intense popularity has resulted in massive speculation about which actors will join the production; Amanda Seyfried (“Dear John”, “Red Riding Hood”), Anne Hathaway (“The Dark Knight Rises”, “One Day”) and Eddie Redmayne (“My Week With Marilyn”, “The Other Boleyn Girl”) have been confirmed, with Sacha Baron Cohen (“The Dictator”, “Borat”) and Helena Bonham Carter (“Sweeney Todd”, “Harry Potter”) having been connected to the project but have not been announced as official in at this stage.
Willaim Nicholson, Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg adapted the screenplay from Victor Hugo’s classic novel and musical; Universal needs to really start focusing on the project if it is to meet its December 7, 2012 release date.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013