A remake of Johnny Cash classic “Five Minutes to Live” is set to begin production, with producers Joseph and Jack Nasser (“For A Good Time, Call…”) teaming up with director Jan de Bont (“Speed”, “Twister”) to shoot the project, according to Deadline.com.
The story follows two men as they undertake a terrifying bank robbery, with one of the pair holding the bank manager’s wife hostage and threatening to kill her within five minutes unless he transfers an enormous sum of money into the account of their choice.
Casting is due to begin immediately, with Nasser Entertainment/Nasser Group North to finance the project, and Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group to package it.
de Bont had been previously attached to direct “Point Break : Indo”, a sequel to the 1991 film, that fell apart shortly before production was due to begin.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013