Melbourne boy James Wan (the genius behind horror film juggernaut SAW) is reuniting with actor Patrick Wilson for “The Conjuring”, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Having worked together on Wan’s 2011 spookfest “Insidious”, it is not surprise that the two are teaming up again for what is described as a supernatural thriller. Vera Farmiga (“Up in the Air”, “The Departed”) is also reported to be signing on as the female lead.
Written by Chad and Carey Hayes, “The Conjuring” tells the story of a husband and wife team of demonologists (to be played by Wilson and Farmiga) and psychic investigators that are called to undertake the most terrifying case of their career – spirits in a Rhode Island farmhouse.
The flick is based on the real-life story of the Perron Family and their ordeals in the 1970’s.
New Line acquired the pitch from the Hayes, and it included lifetime rights to the Perron family and paranormal investigators Ed and Lorrain Warren.
The film is said to commence shooting in March this year, somewhere in North Carolina.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013