Shirley MacLaine is joining the cast of cooing and corset soapie “Downton Abbey”, reports News.com.au.
How did the star of such greats as “Terms of Endearment” and “The Turning Point” get roped into doing a series? If I have to guess it’d be the executive producer, Gareth Neame, that twisted her arm. MacLaine has a past working relationship with the Neame family, specifically Ronald Neame, who directed her in the ’60s classic “Gambit”.
MacLaine will play Lady Grantham, the American mama of Elizabeth McGovern’s character on the series.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013