Joel Schumacher’s “Trespass” may have treated like his acting gift like a sewerage-covered condom swimming at the bottom of a urinal, but Ben Mendelsohn’s Hollywood invasion seemingly won’t start and end with the Nicolas Cage blunder.
The Aussie actor, getting his big shot overseas thanks to local hit “Animal Kingdom”, has a role in Andrew Dominik’s “Cogan’s Trade”, starring Brad Pitt, and also “The Place Beyond the Pines”.
Hopscotch have announced that Mendelsohn is joining the cast of a rather epic Aussie-French co-production from “Coco Before Chanel” director Anne Fontaine, the feature film adaptation of Doris Lessing’s “The Grandmothers”.
While some outlets are reporting that the title of the film will also be “The Grandmothers”, I’m hearing the producers are toying with alternative titles.
The film will feature a bevy of Aussie talent including Naomi Watts, Sophie Lowe, James Frecheville, Gary Sweet, Jessica Tovey and Xavier Samuel. Yankee Robin Wright will also star.
Story is about two lifelong friends who fall in love with each other’s teenaged sons.
Production begins in Sydney next week.
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.