Saw “Contraband” recently, that’s the latest Mark Wahlberg thing where he plays a nifty smuggler seduced back into the game (one last time – of course!). Interesting to note that directing was Baltasar Kormakur, who helmed the original film that it was based upon. I like the man’s work – stylish, story over substance though and seemingly knows that action movies need more than just grizzled guys and guns. They need compelling characters and story.
His next, which will also be with Wahlberg, is “2 Guns”, based on the comic book of the same name. It sounds quite good (in fact the only thing putting me off is that Emmett Furla may co-finance, and we know where their taste lies) and as far as I’m concerned just ramped up a notch with the possible anointment of Denzel Washington as co-star.
The film tells of a DEA Agent and an Undercover Naval Officer who ”unwittingly investigate each other as each steals mob money”.
Washington is starring in this week’s “Safe House”, another action-centric flick in which he’s forced to share a poster with another leading man (in this case, Ryan Reynolds).
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.