If this were 1986, most of us testosterone-pumping male things would be jumping hurdles like an athlete after hearing this news : Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone are set to team-up on a new prison drama called “The Tomb”.
Heck, who am I kidding… I’m damp. I want this movie like a want a choca-bloc sandwich at 1am in the morning!
The movie, to be directed by “1408” director Mikael Hafstrom and financed by Emmett/Furla (*Groan*), teams the two biggest action stars of the ’80s as prisoners looking to Shawshank themselves out of the place. Stallone plays the prison designer who, upon finding himself in the slammer for a murder he didn’t commit (not unfamiliar territory for Sly; he also ended up in jail on trumped-up charges in both ”Lock-Up” and ”Tango & Cash”), must use his brain and blueprint to escape. Schwarzenegger plays an inmate, a guy with a heart of gold who tries to make out he’s tough by fighting all the time, who befriends Stallone’s character – – and no doubt helps him escape or escapes along with him (suppose they won’t be missed, they are, after all, Expendable – – sorry!).
”The Tomb”, a film which also landed on Bruce Willis’s radar at one point, will film in Louisiana (read : tax incentives) this Spring.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.