We gotta be happy that Gus Van Sant never got around to remaking “Psycho” a second time – I shit you not, he wanted to remake the 60’s classic.. again; instead of a straight-up shot-for-shot redo though, he wanted to do a ‘punk’ version of the story, frighteningly hilarious no!? – but still, we’re never going to be completely safe from unnecessary Hitchcock remakes.
As such as is the case today with news stemming from Variety that “Rebecca”, Al’s ’40s classic and best film snagger starring Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine, is getting the remake treatment over at Working Title. To assure us they mean business, and haven’t simply snagged the rights to show off, the shingle have hired Steven Knight (“Eastern Promises”) to write the screenplay.
There hasn’t been a decent remake of a Hitchcock movie yet (aside from 1998’s “Psycho”, there have also been loose remakes of “Dial M for Murder” and “Rear Window”), will this one break the trend?
- Captain America : Civil War Character Reveal? - January 26, 2015
- Zachary Quinto talks Heroes Reborn - January 26, 2015
- The Strangers sequel finally going ahead? - January 26, 2015
- Scodelario confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - January 26, 2015
- Author offers Waiting for Exhale 2 update - January 26, 2015
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.