We gotta be happy that Gus Van Sant never got around to remaking “Psycho” a second time – I shit you not, he wanted to remake the 60’s classic.. again; instead of a straight-up shot-for-shot redo though, he wanted to do a ‘punk’ version of the story, frighteningly hilarious no!? – but still, we’re never going to be completely safe from unnecessary Hitchcock remakes.
As such as is the case today with news stemming from Variety that “Rebecca”, Al’s ’40s classic and best film snagger starring Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine, is getting the remake treatment over at Working Title. To assure us they mean business, and haven’t simply snagged the rights to show off, the shingle have hired Steven Knight (“Eastern Promises”) to write the screenplay.
There hasn’t been a decent remake of a Hitchcock movie yet (aside from 1998’s “Psycho”, there have also been loose remakes of “Dial M for Murder” and “Rear Window”), will this one break the trend?
- Two more ID4 stars back for sequel! - April 18, 2015
- New Jurassic World poster Tweeted! - April 18, 2015
- X-Men : Till returns, Munn teases costume - April 18, 2015
- Ridley, Marvel working on new superhero series - April 18, 2015
- Parenthood may return as limited series - April 18, 2015
- Dominic Cooper is AMC’s Preacher - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.