Word from the UK has Sean Bean (“Game of Thornes”) in talks to star in “The Knife that Killed Me”, based on the graphic novel of the same name by Anthony McGowan.
The film stars Jack McMullen as Paul Varderman, a teenager who moves to a new neighbourhood and new school and so desperately wants to fit-in and impress the local bullies he resorts to knife-crime.
Paul’s father is a has-been lorry driver father. It’s a tender, tense piece.
Kit Monkman and Marcus Romer direct from their own screenplay.
Here’s Random House‘s summary of the book :
Paul Vanderman could be at any normal high school where bullies, girls, and annoying teachers are just part of life. But “normal” doesn’t apply when it comes to the school’s biggest bully, Roth—a twisted and threatening thug with an evil agenda.
When Paul ends up delivering a message from Roth to the leader of a gang at a nearby school, it fuels a rivalry with immediate consequences. Paul attempts to distance himself from the feud, but somehow Roth keeps finding reasons for him to stick around. Then one day Roth hands him a knife. And even though Paul is scared, he has never felt so powerful.
- Trailer : The Love Punch - April 23, 2014
- Peters to star in Benyon’s Woman Who Came to Dinner - April 2, 2014
- Which former 007 has agreed to join The Expendables? - March 29, 2014
- Walters, Hutchison and Karna climb Sugar Mountain - March 28, 2014
- Trailer : Nymphomaniac Volume II - March 19, 2014
- Gordon, Bishop seek out Artifical Intelligence - March 6, 2014
- Cumberbatch, Oldman, Williams, McDiarmid & more locked for Star Wars : Episode VII? - February 25, 2014
- Stephen Fry joins Jack Bauer for 24 - January 28, 2014
- A couple more Star Wars Episode VII candidates - November 19, 2013
- Former Ramsay Street resident may lead Terminator - November 7, 2013