After he’s done playing a middle-aged intern opposite his “Wedding Crashers” co-conspirator Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn might get to play action hero.
Deadline says “True Romance” and “Domino” director Tony Scott wants to cast the funnyman in “Lucky Strike”, which will be quite the departure for the Frat Packer.
Vaughn’s no stranger to action fillms, or even meaty dramas, having appeared in the likes of “Mr & Mrs Smith” and “Domestic Disturbance” (he also, of course, played Norman Bates in the “Psycho” remake), but “Lucky Strike” will be the first time he’s been charged with leading the mission in a Bruce Willis-esque vehicle.
The Emmett/Furla Films production, budgeted at $80 million, tells of a DEA agent who teams with a drug runner to take down a drug cartel.
Considering director Scott’s to-do list – it’s quite lengthy; there’s even an ambitious “Top Gun” sequel on it – you’d think we might be waiting a while to see Vaughn’s career shake-up? Not so, apparently Scott’s willing to push all his other projects back to get this one done next.
- Superbowl Spot : Insurgent - January 31, 2015
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.