Newcomer Jamie Blackley has landed the co-lead in Warner’s “300” prequel/sequel/spin-off.
Deadline says the “Snow White and the Huntsman” actor will “play Calisto, a teen whose desire to become the heroic man/soldier his father was leads the 16 year old to become a leader of a small band of soldiers.”
Interestingly enough, the version of the script I read didn’t feature a character called Calisto, but Xerxes – the villain of the first picture – who is forced into the leader position by a persuasive femme fatale.
Guess they’ve scrapped the idea to base the film around the Xerxes character? That would explain why Rodrigo Santoro has yet to be contacted about reprising his role from “300” and, for that matter, the film’s constantly changing title – which went from “300 : The Battle of Artemesia” to “300 : The Battle of Artemesium” and now, simply the untitled “300” sequel. At the same time, maybe Calisto becomes Xerxes later on? I don’t know.
Noam Murro directs the film, which also features Aussie actor Sullivan Stapleton and Bond babe Eva Green.
- Two more ID4 stars back for sequel! - April 18, 2015
- New Jurassic World poster Tweeted! - April 18, 2015
- X-Men : Till returns, Munn teases costume - April 18, 2015
- Ridley, Marvel working on new superhero series - April 18, 2015
- Parenthood may return as limited series - April 18, 2015
- Dominic Cooper is AMC’s Preacher - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.