One of my favourite actors, Dennis Quaid (“The Right Stuff”, “Wyatt Earp”, “Innerspace”, “D.O.A”, “Flesh & Bone”, “Postcards from the Edge”, “Frequency”… do I need to go own?!) is headed to TV.
Seemingly convinced the big studios have run out of use for him film-wise – and looking at that horrible D-grade flick he just did, “Beneath the Darkness”, where he plays a serial killer to the beat of a telemovie plot, he could be right! – Randy’s sane brother has accepted an offer to take his skills to the box.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Quaid and Michael Chiklis are in talks to front an untitled cowboy drama for CBS “based on the true story of Ralph Lamb, a rodeo cowboy-turned-longtime sheriff in Las Vegas. Quaid would star, with Chiklis playing opposite him as a Chicago mobster who moves to Vegas.”
Chiklis is coming off the recently-canned “No Ordinary Family”, while Quaid was the preacher in Craig Brewer’s unsuccessful but fun “Footloose” remake.
Greg Walker and Nicholas Pileggi are attached to write and executive produce along with James Mangold, the “3:10 to Yuma” helmer is also helming the pilot.
So long as it’s not “Las Vegas” or “The Defenders”, and actually has something different to say, I’ll be listening!
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.