Yo Ash! I’ve another addition to your list of cinematic dystopias!
“The Selection”, based on Kiera Cass’s upcoming sci-fi drama novels, is headed for a cathode ray tube (what!? nobody ever told me I had to upgrade from my CRT!)
Cherry-toned trade THR says The CW has set “Friday Night Lights” cutie Aimee Teegarden to play the lead in the show, a “Hunger Games”-esque series about “a poor young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads.”
The show, from “Vampire Diaries”‘ Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain, who serve as writers and executive producers on the drama, was being pitched to the nets as ‘Hunger Games meets The Bachelor’.
It’s unknown whether or not Craft and Fain were referring to the ill-fated Chris O’Donnell rom-com “The Bachelor” or the reality series in which a handful of hoes compete to play live-in prostitute for a guy who knows his flowers.
Either way, sounds like a cool show!
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
- Disney XD’s Ducktales reboot sure to be a Quack-up! - February 26, 2015
- Top Five - February 26, 2015
- Ghostbusters reboot inspired by… The Walking Dead!? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.