Bill Pullman is set to star as a U.S. President again – only this time, on the small screen, according to deadline.com.
The star of blockbuster flick ”Independence Day” has been recruited to play president Dale Gilchrist in NBC’s latest comedy, ”1600 Penn”. Much like his ”Independence Day” character, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background – he is a heroic ex-Marine.
Co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett, ”1600 Penn” tells the story of a typical dysfunctional family where the wayward eldest son (Gad) returns whom and becomes the family’s biggest liability, but also holds everyone together. The only thing not-so-typical about this family? They live in the White House.
Brittany Snow of ”Hairspray” fame has signed on to play the First Daughter.
The series is expected to be a huge step upwards in the career of rising-star funnyman Josh Gad.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013