Though I’m not allowed to run my review for a couple of weeks, I can say that “21 Jump Street” is both a love letter to the original series and a facsimile of all the great adult comedies in recent years – namely those with ‘Apatow’ typed into the credit block. Tonally, it’s nothing like the original series but it still pays respect to the show in more ways than one (trust me : You’re gonna love what they’ve thrown in here for fans!) and the writing, combined with some fun performances, makes for one of the year’s gotta-see flicks. If you’re a fan of the show, which I am, you’ll be more than satisfied with the result – though hopefully we’ll get some Dustin Nguyen in the sequel.
And yes, there will be a sequel. It’s already being written. Star and Producer Jonah Hill tells E! that Sony have already commissioned a sequel to the film, despite it not even out in theaters yet.
“We are writing the sequel now, we got [the greenlight] by the studio to start writing the sequel”
I don’t want to spoil it, but you’ll know where the sequel’s going to be set when you catch the final few minutes of “21 Jump Street” – in cinemas this March.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.