As Moviehole exclusively reported back in December, Paramount’s revving the engines on that “Top Gun” sequel now that Tom Cruise has proved himself a viable box-office superstar again (he wasn’t for a while – take a look at those figs for “M:I 3″). Though the studio had expressed interest in a sequel to the 1986 hit, it wasn’t until Cruise’s “Mission : Impossible – Ghost Protocol” took the box-office by storm over the Christmas season that Paramount finally clicked the cap-gun on the race.
Risky Business says Acclaimed screenwriter Peter Craig, who wrote Ben Affleck’s bloody terrific crime caper “The Town”, has been tapped to pen Maverick’s twilight years for David Ellison’s cashed-up Skydance shingle (I hear Ellison, a former actor and a self-confessed plane enthusiast, is trying to get himself an acting part in the picture too) and Jerry Bruckheimer Productions.
Though Cruise is expected to reprise his Lt. Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell for the film, it’s not yet known whether he’ll be carrying the film or stepping back to let another young hotshot man the controls. “Top Gun” director Tony Scott is attached to resume his role on the sequel.
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.