A few Aussies have snagged employment this week, largely in the world of Television.
Nicole Kidman is replacing Rachel Weisz in director Jonathan Teplitzky’s “The Railway Man”, according to Variety. Weisz, who was originally set to play Colin Firth’s wife in the film, opted out due to scheduling difficulties. Pre-production begins in April on the remarkable true story.
Former “Neighbours” and “House” star Jesse Spencer has been cast in the NBC drama pilot ”Chicago Fire”. Deadline says Spencer has the main role in the drama, the story of the firefighters holding the hoses at the Chicago Fire Department, playing “Matthew Casey, a firefighter at Firehouse 55, a natural leader who is in his element when on a rescue or putting out a fire but in his personal life, he is grappling with a recent separation from his wife.”
Another “Neighbours” alum, Jay Ryan, has been cast as ‘The Beast’, Vincent, in the CW’s reboot of ’80s TV fave “Beauty and the Beast”. You can read about the new series, and it’s characters and plot, here.
- Sounds as good as official : Michael Biehn’s back for Alien 5 - March 3, 2015
- Superhero Bits : Supergirl, Suicide Squad, Batman - March 3, 2015
- Red-Band Trailer : Get Hard - March 3, 2015
- Casting : Black, Cuban, Berg, Rousey, Uwais, Dornan, Murphy - March 3, 2015
- Killing alum is Shondra’s latest Catch - March 3, 2015
- Orphan Black season 3 trailer - March 3, 2015
- Valderrama joins that Minority Report show - March 3, 2015
- Goddard rebooting Spider-Man - March 3, 2015
- Lawrence, Spielberg win War - March 3, 2015
- Netflix announces airdates for OITNB, Wet Hot American Summer and more… - March 3, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.