This reminds a lot of the “Jimmy the Kid” situation in 1982. We Gary Coleman fans would travel and near and far to hear ‘Arnold’ talk about his latest movie – and of course buy up all the “Jimmy the Kid” merchandise that we could, like that money-cant-buy Cleavon Little blow-up doll.
I can hear my mother’s words now, as I type, ‘Now you’re just being silly…’
That I am. They never sold a Cleavon Little doll… it was only available in ‘Jimmy’ form.
But I digress. Today’s big squeal-fest flick “The Hunger Games”, due out in a couple of weeks, has begun it’s map-invading Mall tour. Lionsgate rolled out the film’s cast members to stump the flick, while giving other ‘District’ fans a chance to mingle and excitedly jump up-and-down together (Much as I did when Coleman, Don Adams and Paul Le Mat walked out onto that “Jimmy the Kid” Tour stage).
Here’s some video of the event :
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
- Karl Urban will see Pete’s Dragon - January 30, 2015
- Superbowl Spot : Terminator Genisys - January 29, 2015
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.