Tom Hardy is in talks to play the leader of a 1960s biker gang, in a yet-to-be-titles film for Warner Bros.
The star of both the critically successful (“Warrior”) and panned (“This Means War”) as well as being Bane in the upcoming “The Dark Knight Rises” is getting yet another chance to put his American accent to the test.
Variety says the story will be written by Mark L. Smith, who wrote the 2007 horror “Vacancy”, about a wounded Vietnam vet who comes back home in the middle of the war, and becomes the leader of California’s most brutal bikie gang.
It sounds like a great way to put Hardy’s talents – nice and gruff and violent – to good use; and it’s a way to get him known for another character role that’s not comic book or true story.
What do you think?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013