The “Battlestar Galactica” prequel series “Blood and Chrome” (whose script Clint reviewed back in the day) will not be going ahead – even after a teaser trailer put together for WonderCon was met with thunderous applause and excitement from attendees.
Due to the enormous costs of producing the series – which would tell of a young William Adama, the character Edward James Olmos played in “Galactica” – SyFy have opted not to go ahead with the show.
Mark Stern, programming head-honcho for SyFy, said there’s a possibility that “Blood and Chrome” may fit another medium – possibly as a web series. In addition, SyFy will screen the already produced pilot.
“Though the vision for “Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome” has evolved over the course of the past year, our enthusiasm for this ambitious project has not waned,” Stern said in a statement today. “We are actively pursuing it as was originally intended: a groundbreaking digital series that will launch to audiences beyond the scope of a television screen. The 90-minute pilot movie will air on Syfy in its entirety at a future date.”
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013