Chloe Moretz (“Kick-Ass”) and Haley Bennett (“Haunting of Molly Hartley”) are vying to play the title role in the remake of “Carrie”.
Vulture reports that quite a few young actresses have either been approached or passed on the role of the telekinetic pigs-blood spruiker.
These two sit at the top of a list of candidates that has included such young up-and-comers as Dakota Fanning (all growed up and, lately, a Volturi in Twilight), Emily Browning (Sucker Punch), Bella Heathcote (In Time), and Lily Collins (Mirror Mirror), who have all read for Peirce. We also hear that earlier this week, The Descendants’ Shailene Woodley passed on an offer from MGM to take the title role.
As for who is up for the role of Carrie’s mad momma? Director Kimberly Peirce is said to be eyeing Jodie Foster or Julianne Moore.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013