They redid Freddy, Jason and Leatherface, was only going to be a matter of time before Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes got their hands on Michael Myers.
Though it was originally rumoured that “Drive Angry” duo Patrick Lussier and Todd Farmer would be involved in the next “Halloween” movie (the first since Rob Zombie’s “Halloween II”, released 3 years ago), Bloody Disgusting says Platinum Dunes will actually be spearheading the next installment in the unstoppable horror franchise. Lussier and Farmer are no longer involved.
Says the site :
Word has it that Michael Myers’ return will not be in 3-D, nor will it instill the popular found footage model, which was originally being explored for the potential Friday the 13th sequel.
We’re hearing that Platinum Dunes is out to writers and directors, which could mean that – and as much as we personally love them – My Bloody Valentine and Drive Angry duo Todd Farmer and Patrick Lussier are no longer involved.
Platinum Dunes’ Brad Fuller and Andrew Form are responsible for remakes of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Amityville Horror, Friday the 13th and A Nightmare On Elm Street, as well as originals like The Unborn and Horsemen. They’re in post on the futuristic horror Vigilandia, as well as developing the latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles adaptation.
Please tell me they’re not going to start the series all over AGAIN!
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013