Greek actress Tonia Sotiropoulou has snagged the role of 007’s blanket-stealer in “Skyfall”, reports MI6 HQ.
The actress appears in the opening sequence of the film – which takes place in in Istanbul, where 007 is smuggled in when he is assumed dead. She begins filming her scene April 22, where “she will shoot two or three scenes over 5 days.”
According to the site, Sotiropoulou missed out on the role of Sévérine (played by French actress Bérénice Marlohe), “but landed this part after meeting auditioning again on Friday and meeting director Sam Mendes yesterday.”
Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes, Albert Finney, Ben Whishaw, Dame Judi Dench, Naomie Harris and Bérénice Marlohe star.
In “Skyfall”, Bond’s loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013