And award for most twisty, ridiculously hard-to-decipher news title goes to… Olivia! Yay!
Woody Harrelson, currently in the smash hit “The Hunger Games” (but also known for his long-running role on “Cheers” of course, plus films like “Natural Born Killers”, “No Country for Old Men” and “White Men Can’t Jump”), is in talks to play the villain in “Out of the Furnace”, the Scott Cooper-directed crime drama starring Christian Bale.
Bale and Casey Affleck star as brothers, with the latter thesp lured into a violent crime ring when a cruel twist of fate lands the former in prison.
Variety says of Harrelson’s role :
Harrelson is in talks to play Curtis DeGroat, the ringleader who Bale’s character winds up seeking vengeance against. Zoe Saldana and Sam Shepard are set to co-star as Bale’s love interest and his uncle, respectively.
Production begins later this month in Braddock, Penn.
I love Harrelson, and he’s especially good in “The Hunger Games”, so count me in!
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013