Out promoting “The Avengers” – which, if you haven’t been on Twitter or done a Google, you’ll not be aware of the very positive things being said about the movie – Marvel’s Kevin Feige sat down to talk to the press about the company’s upcoming slate.
Interestingly enough, what with much of the praise for “The Avengers” being lumped on director Joss Whedon and actor Mark Ruffalo’s portrayal of ‘The Hulk’, Feige says there’s no plans at this stage to have Ruffalo star in his own “Hulk” movie (says Feige, “Hulk might be just the special guest in Avengers movies, who knows?”). Disappointing.
At the same time, there’s enough exciting films in Marvel’s future, it seems, to hold us over.
Here’s a summary of the Feige interview published by Collider :
- He’s seen an unfinished version of The Amazing Spider-Man and says it is excellent and should quiet concerns over the idea of rebooting the franchise.
- They have an option for Whedon to direct The Avengers 2 when and if the time comes.
- There are currently no plans to do a new Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo.
- Iron Man 3 starts filming in five weeks in North Carolina.
- When approaching Iron Man 3, their gut instinct was to not make it be a pseudo-Avengers 2. It’s a full-on Tony Stark movie.
- Iron Man 3 is inspired by the first half of Iron Man 1 in that they’re metaphorically putting Tony back in the cave. He’s stripped of everything, back against a wall, and has nothing but his intelligence to get him out.
- Filming on Thor 2 begins in three months in London and it picks up where the first film left off in terms of Jane and Oden.
- Thor 2 also addresses what’s been happening in the nine realms with the Asgardians unable to use the Bifrost.
- Loki has a part in Thor 2, but there will be a different, big villain.
- The crux of Thor 2 is continuing the dynamic between Thor and Jane, as well as the relationship between Thor and Odin.
- Feige says there are no plans for Marvel and Pixar to team up on a feature.
- Creative talks have been progressing for years between Marvel and Disney about possibly doing a Marvel property as an animated film.
- Edgar Wright did not film something for Marvel recently, but Feige says to pay attention to Wright’s tweets in the coming months “and that might change.”
- They’re still figuring out how much period flashbacks to include in Captain America 2.
- The primary story of Captain America 2 will be Steve Rogers figuring out his place in the world. For the time-being, he’ll be staying with S.H.I.E.L.D.
- They should announce by Comic-Con or before what’s coming out in May 2014.
- Zak Penn did not write a Doctor Strange movie.
- Feige says, “depending on what Edgar Wright films for us” circumstances could possibly force them to make three films in one year.
So they’re saying “The Avengers” is the best Marvel movie to date… think “Iron Man 3″ will be any good? What about “Thor 2″?
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Sudeikis - December 3, 2014
- Jason Sudeikis – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Jason Bateman – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Bateman - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Charlie Day - November 25, 2014
- Charlie Day – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 25, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Chris Pine - November 25, 2014
- Chris Pine – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 24, 2014
- Arrow Picture Spoiler - November 10, 2014
- Skyline sequel nabs Crossbones - November 9, 2014