As most expected it to be, the next “Muppet” movie will be something quite different from last year’s “The Muppets”. For starters, the movie won’t feature the characters of Gary or Mary (Jason Segel and Amy Adams), though Segel may cameo, and writer Nick Stoller suggests it might be more akin to “The Great Muppet Caper” or “Muppets Take Manhattan” in that it will be a “Caper” movie (more so than a sweet, poignant trip down to nostalgiaville?).
Speaking to ColliderD, Stoller says he and “Muppets” director James Bobin have just begun writing the picture.
“We’ve outlined it over the past couple weeks and we literally started writing it yesterday. The first 13 pages are written.”
Reiterating that the film won’t follow the adventures of humans Gary and Mary, Stoller said : “Mary and Mary’s story is concluded. There’s not much to say after that for their story, but we follow them up into a…I will say, it is a caper. It is a comedy caper.”
Stoller’s not sure that it will get done in time but says Disney had hoped to get the film in cinemas next Summer (2013).
“I don’t think that that’s realistic in terms of getting it all together in time. But to want to do it so quickly is great. It certainly makes us want to write it quickly.”
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Sudeikis - December 3, 2014
- Jason Sudeikis – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Jason Bateman – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Bateman - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Charlie Day - November 25, 2014
- Charlie Day – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 25, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Chris Pine - November 25, 2014
- Chris Pine – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 24, 2014
- Arrow Picture Spoiler - November 10, 2014
- Skyline sequel nabs Crossbones - November 9, 2014