The sequel to “X:Men Origins : Wolverine” will, like its predecessor, be filmed in Sydney, Australia.
“The Wolverine”, from “3:10 to Yuma” director James Mangold, is said to be set in Japan – which should make things interesting.
The Daily Telegraph, who broke the news of the film shooting down under, said the plan had been to film ”The Wolverine” in Japan last year but the devastation from the tsunami and quake put those plans on hold, pushing back the production schedule.’
NSW Deputy Premier Andrew Stoner told the newspaper that the film would generate more than 2000 jobs for Sydney.
“The Wolverine is expected to generate more than $80 million in production expenditure in NSW and create more than 720 jobs for NSW-based cast and crew, along with opportunities for 1200 extras,” he said.
“It is a testament to our screen industry that Hugh Jackman and his team have chosen to come back to Australia after such a positive experience making the X-Men Origins.”
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013