Tom Cruise will be back for another “Mission : Impossible” – that was always a given, considering how much money “Mission : Impossible – Ghost Protocol” made – but not before he ties on the pilot helmet for another “Top Gun”. That’s according to Paramount’s Adam Goodman, who says the sequel to the 1986 film – with Cruise reprising his role as Lt. Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell – will likely happen before the fifth “Mission”.
Goodman, president of the studio, tells THR :
“We’ll likely make a Top Gun sequel with Tom Cruise first. Jerry Bruckheimer would produce, with Tony Scott returning to direct. All parties are moving ahead. We’ve hired Peter Craig to write the script.”
In the article, Goodman also touched upon some of the studio’s other releases, like “World War Z”, “Transformers 4″, the Untitled Jack Ryan reboot and “Noah”, the Darren Aronofsky-directed biblical epic starring Russell Crowe. On “Noah”, Goodman mentioned that “Hanna” actress Saoirse Ronan and Jennifer Connelly have also joined the cast and that ”It will be a big, robust production and will have tremendous scale”.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013