Julianne Moore has been offered the role of Margaret White, the title character’s crazy mother, in director Kimberly Peirce’s remake of “Carrie”, according to Deadline.com.
Chloe Moretz (“Kick-Ass”) is playing the teenager with the telekinetic powers.
The role of the mother was also offered to Jodie Foster, earlier reports suggested.
Moore had previously starred in the remake of “Psycho”.
Meanwhile, Movies.com have some quotes from MGM CEO Roger Birnbaum who suggests “Carrie” might fall into the “found footage” category of movies.
Birnbaum has implied the new film will be, at least partially, a found-footage horror movie. Now, before you get out your anti-found footage pitch forks, this shouldn’t be that surprising. King’s original novel is interspersed with various “official” documents recounting what happened on Carrie’s deadly prom night (a writing technique called epistolary, which is basically the literary equivalent of found footage), so if Aguirre-Sacasa’s script is indeed going back to the source material, the film focusing on “interviews with the survivors of the prom incident” makes perfect sense. It also doesn’t necessarily mean Carrie will be filled with first-person POV found footage as we traditionally know – though the person who posted the recap did confirm to us that Birnbaum specifically used the words “found footage” – but is simply using recorded interviews as a framing device much like the book used newspaper clippings, which actually means Peirce’s film will have more in common with the 2002 made-for-TV Carrie movie starring Angela Bettis than De Palma’s film.
Excited for this “Carrie” remake?
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013