** SPOILER ALERT **
Though the rumour has been deflected time and time again, seems the villain of the upcoming “Star Trek” is indeed…. Khan.
Khan, a character that appeared in the original “Star Trek” series episode ‘Space Seed’ and later in “Star Trek II : The Wrath of Khan”, was played by the late Ricardo Montalban. “Sherlock” star Benedict Cumberbatch is playing the character in the new film.
AICN, who broke the ‘Khan’ news, also reports that Leonard Nimoy makes an appearance in the film (just as he did in its predecessor) as the senior Spock. Nimoy himself mentioned his involvement last week in an interview for CNN.
Here’s the scoop in full :
** Nimoy’s Spock is definitely in the film and will have long and “stately” robes.
** Cumberbatch = Khan.
** There’s a “deep space” smackdown between Kirk and Khan in space suits. “Flying” suits per my contact.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013