“Immortals” star Luke Evans is in contention to play the villain in “The Fast and the Furious 6″, according to Twitchfilm.
Jason Statham had been offered the same part, suggesting the villain in the new instalment is a Brit.
Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster and Gina Carano are onboard the Justin Lin directed sequel, which begins shooting in Europe in June.
Meanwhile, in addition to signing on to play the villain in Spike Lee’s remake of “Oldboy”, “District 9″ alum Sharlto Copley will star in “Open Graves”, the new film from “Apollo 18″ helmer Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego.
In the film, says Deadline, “Copley’s character wakes up in the pit full of rotting bodies with no idea how he got there, begins to have flashbacks of himself murdering people and stars to believe he’s the killer.”
And thirdly today, Pierce Brosnan will star opposite Owen Wilson in the action thriller “The Coup”, says Deadline.
The John Erick Dowdle directed picture marks Wilson’s return to the action genre after spending the last umpteen years doing comedies.
The film, written by Dowdle and his brother Drew, centers on an American family that moves to Southeast Asia and finds itself entangled in a violent coup where merciless rebels are attacking the city. Brosnan, repped by CAA and attorney Stuart Brookman, will play a mysterious government operative.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013