The Hollywood Reporter says a project that could turn into a reboot of “The Dukes of Hazzard” is in the works at Warner Bros.
The studio has hired ”Eastbound and Down” co-creator Jody Hill to write and direct the untitled film, which is about an outlaw duo in the Southwest circa 1970’s.
A decision won’t be made about whether to call the film a Hazzard reboot until Hill is finished writing, but the involvement of [Bill] Gerber, who produced the studio’s 2005 big-screen version that starred Seann William Scott and Johnny Knoxville, would make the process easier.
The 2005 film, and it’s prequel, were based on the classic TV series starring John Schneider and Tom Wopat.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013