“300” star Rodrigo Santoro – gearing up to shoot the sequel, reprising his role as Xerxes – tells Collider that he could end up playing racing legend Ayrton Senna on the big screen.
“No, I have not signed on. It’s just rumor right now. [But] I keep saying that this rumor has [merit]… There are some talks going on”, Santoro, promoting “What to Expect When You’re Expecting”, tells the site. “..they’re working on [the script]… There is something already, like a structure. They’re trying to figure out how they’re going to do this. It’s a real big, big project, that’s why. For Brazil, it’s the biggest one.”
Santoro seemingly understands how much pressure they’d be in taking on such a venture.
“I mean, he’s a hero. In Brazil, he’s…’huge’ wouldn’t describe it. He’s a hero, like a true hero. It’s a very delicate matter; I’ve been very careful [with] how we’re going to approach that. If we get this done, if we really move forward with this project, it will be with the family, with his family, it will all be done in a very, very careful and respectful way. So yeah that might be possible in the future. Right now, we’re still in conversations, but it is moving.”
Santoro says the project would need a good director and behind-the-scenes team to steer it towards the starting flag.
There was a great doco released a couple of years ago on the late Senna called, “Senna”, that’s worth checking out.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013