Though the character of Ash, the chainsaw-wielding hero at the center of the original “Evil Dead” trilogy, won’t be in the remake, ‘Ash’ portrayer Bruce Campbell – a producer on the new film – may still appear in the flick.
Asked whether he might cameo in the Fede Alvarez directed redo of the ’80s horror classic, Campbell tells Media Mikes :
MG: Will you having a cameo the film in any sense?
BC: Can’t say.
Okay, so it’s not much – but it’s definitely not a denial, and they’re words that weigh heavily on the ‘strong possibility’ side if you ask me.
Campbell, who has a cameo in “Evil Dead” director Sam Raimi’s “Oz : The Great and Powerful”, is a fan favourite for his role as the cabin hero in “Evil Dead” and its two sequels so it only makes sense he’d be somewhat involved in an acting capacity, as well as a producing capacity. Furthermore, he always cameos in Raimi’s films – well, most of them anyway – and even though Raimi is only producing this one, it’s still technically seen as one of Sam’s ventures.
So what might Campbell be playing? Guesses?
“Evil Dead” stars Jane Levy, Shiloh Fernandez, and Lou Taylor Pucci and is currently filming in New Zealand.
- J.J Abrams turned down Star Wars : Episode VII directing job - December 27, 2012
- TNT’s Leverage to end after five seasons - December 22, 2012
- New trailer for Dreamworks’ Turbo - December 21, 2012
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max! - December 21, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 21, 2012
- Seth Rogen’s This is the End has a great Red Band Trailer! - December 21, 2012
- The CW’s Sherwood reintroduces audiences to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - December 21, 2012
- Red Band Trailer for The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy - December 20, 2012
- 10 Breaking Bits - December 19, 2012
- Vin Diesel to play Kojak - December 18, 2012